Wednesday, April 18, 2007

U8 event, SOPA FINE ARts, Kelown BC

Hey I found cool hip people in Kelowna! They all seemed to congregate in one place
at the opening reception at the Sopa art gallery. Located in a funky little suburb east
of the crappy endless strip mall Kelowna is so famous for, I was pleasantly surprized to see
a contemporary minimalist style space filled literally to the rafters with abstract oils and mixed media works that were all painted by emerging humble artist...including myself.

Ok, being a young artist and moving outside of a metropolitan city to mellow farm country is a challenge....especially when your fighting to keep cutting edge with style and content. I can't even keep up with cell phone ring downloads...apparently my ring is dorky. So now I "Slap It like that...." with Justin each time my phone rings. When you live in rural North Okanagan, some people give you the "...is that woman retarded" look upon seeing you start wiggling your but when you answer your phone.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lov'n it Angie...

As I gotta get back to tweaking my stapler, more comments to follow...

Roger

Unknown said...

I love it ang! As usual you are fantastic! A thought since you like Dr. Zues...how about creating the characters for childrens books. You may have though of that already..I think you are a hit...love you tons. Susan in the Caymans one of your BIGGEST fans.

Ross Lynem said...

We saw your artwork at the Ferry Building Gallery in West Van and absolutely loved the three chicks and a chunk as well as the others too! Beautiful, fun, artwork.